Unable to attend school while she battles cancer, fifteen-year-old Kaleigh Wyse tries to complete her classes online by correspondence. Developing a science project on astrology, Kaleigh enlists other online learners as study participants. What starts as a collaborative project slowly becomes unwieldy and then flawed when it is apparent that all her online friends are hiding vital clues about their identities.
Sun Signs examines the danger of blind faith in an electronic age and the ease with which our identities, in the absence of traditional clues, can shift and change.
Orca Book Publishers, 2005
Awards & recognition
- White Pine Nominee, 2006
- Manitoba Young Readers Choice Award Nominee, 2007
- ALA Popular Paperback, 2006
- Snow Willow Nominee, 2007
- CCBC Our Choice selection
- Chicago Public Schools Battle of the Books nominee